Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Meet the Fleet, part 13


   

The YT-2400. Dash Rendar's Outrider. Designed by Doug Chiang, as I recall. A great vessel. A smaller, more nimble cousin of the ubiquitous YT-1300.

I like this ship. I clipped the dorsal and ventral cannons much shorter, as they were way too long. Like longer than the CR90's turbolaser battery barrels. What?!

I'm not loving the strange nodules on the cockpit, but the rest of it is very nice. A great, solid, Star Wars feel.

In the miniatures game, we fly this as Dash. Recently I was reminded of the perils of equipping the heavy laser cannon in the Outrider-title granted turret: donut hole! I could not fight back against ships at range 1. That was a tough game. Next time I fly with Dash I am trying the Mangler cannon. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment