Thursday, October 12, 2023

Long Time, No See

 

Wow! It has been a long time since I posted something here. Last post was summer of 2020. Missed the last third of that year, all of 2021, all of 2022, and 5/6ths of 2023. A picture of our good buddy Han, frozen in carbonite, seems appropriate somehow.

I have big plans for the next few months! A veritable flurry of posts, many in the "media review" vein. As negligent as I have been in the blog updating realm, I have been nearly as bad in my Star Wars book reading. Luckily, many of the books published since 2019 or so have been in the High Republic era; which I have no interest in at this time. However, there are a ton of books that I will be tackling (and reviewing here, dear readers), starting today.

Here is a list, in order of their publication, of the books I will be working my way through, starting now.

Dooku: Jedi Lost (Cavan Scott, 2019) --- just checked this out from the library today
Padmé: Queen's Peril (E. K. Johnston, 2020)
Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (Timothy Zahn, 2020)
From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (various, 2020)
Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good (Timothy Zahn, 2021)
Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil (Timothy Zahn, 2021)
Padmé: Queen's Hope (E. K. Johnston, 2022)
Brotherhood (Mike Chen, 2022)
Shadow of the Sith (Adam Christopher, 2022)
Stories of the Jedi and Sith (various, 2022)
Padawan (Kiersten White, 2022)
Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade (Delilah S. Dawson, 2023)
From a Certain Point of View: Return of the Jedi (various, 2023)
Crimson Climb (E. K. Johnston, 2023)

I have to admit that it is the last title on this list that really sparked my interest. Almost released, a story about Qi'ra, from a good SW author. I'm sold! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I will also be going through the various high quality offerings on Disney+ that have come out since we last spoke in this format.

The Mandalorian Season 1 (2019)
The Mandalorian Season 2 (2020)
The Book of Boba Fett (2021)
Obi-wan Kenobi (2022)
Andor Season 1 (2022)
The Mandalorian Season 3 (2023)
Ahsoka Season 1 (2019)

We have a ton a material to get through. I plan to rewatch all of the above episodes (57 of them!) before writing a blog post on each. Sounds delightful (and like it will take awhile).

No comments:

Post a Comment