Sunday, November 18, 2018

Punch it, Chewie


Just finished reading this delightful, fast paced book, Solo: Expanded Edition (Mur Lafferty, 2018). This is the long awaited (by me, at least) novelization of the Solo movie. It purports to be an "Expanded Edition", as I guess there are some extra scenes tucked inside that aren't from the film.

I was very pleased with the book. The characterizations seem spot on, from the wonderful droid libertarian L3-37 to the beautiful and dangerous Qi'ra, the cape-clad Lando, the lopsided grinning Han, Chewie and the rest. This is a great Star Wars story and a very entertaining read.

Makes me want to purchase this movie on Blu-Ray, and to watch Rogue One again. They are truly the only recent breaths of fresh Star Wars air, in my opinion.

With the Disney imposed slow-down in Star Wars movie releases, as Nate mentioned, I wonder when we will get to learn more about Qi'ra and her mysterious new Crimson Dawn benefactor and Teräs Käsi master.

No comments:

Post a Comment