Thursday, November 16, 2023

Chapter 2: The Child (The Mandalorian, S1, E2)

 


Over the last week or so I've watched a few more episodes of this Star Wars gem. The Mandalorian Chapter 2: The Child (directed by Rick Famuyiwa, written by Jon Favreau and George Lucas, original air date November 15, 2019) dives right into the middle of things. No time to waste in meeting up with our favorite second character- baby Yoda. And Kulil. And the Jawas. And the mudhorn.

And more bounty hunters, also vying for the same prize.

Kuiil: They really don’t like you for some reason.

Mandalorian: Well, I did disintegrate a few of them.

I find myself agreeing with Darth Vader for these early episodes: "No disintegrations!" I do wish our dear Mando would put away the Amban Phase-Blaster. It's just not very nice to blow sentient beings into clouds of dust and leftover strips of clothing. Kinda cool, but seems over the line.

This series is just so excellent, right from the beginning. I have spoken. This is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment