Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Imperial Armada



Ahhhhh!!

I was able to resist buying into Star Wars: Armada until I saw the Imperial-class Star Destroyer's painted blue engines. 

Then I could not resist. My Imperial fleet came together quickly. I have a similarly sized fleet for the Rebel Alliance, which I will show off next.

As miniatures games go, this one is inexpensive. At least comparatively. Or so I tell myself. (I have been divesting myself of some older miniatures via eBay lately).

This fleet is centered around the Star Destroyers: one Imperial-class, a trio of Victory-class, a Gladiator-class (originally from a 1985 episode of the Star Wars Droids cartoon). Those five are backed by a pair of Raider-class corvettes.

For squadrons, we have the core set contributing six TIE Fighter squadrons, further bolstered by one Imperial Fighter Squadrons pack (two more of each: TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, and TIE Advanced), another pair of TIE Fighters from eBay, and one Rogues and Villains pack (Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, IG-88).


No comments:

Post a Comment