Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Meet the Fleet, part 21


   
   
The Imperial Raider-class corvette. FFG needed an Epic scale ship that reminded us of the wedge shaped Star Destroyers, but they also needed the craft to be smaller than most of the available canon ships. The elegant solution? Work with Lucasfilms to develop a brand-new ship from scratch.

The result is the Raider-class corvette, an anti-starfighter support ship in the Imperial Navy. Combines some key design elements of wedge shape and TIE fighter-like solar panels. Seems like a nice vessel, to me.

Until I pick up the Imperial Veterans expansion (in a day or two?) this is the last of my collection to be shown on Meet the Fleet. I did buy the Ghost expansion when it came out, but I just couldn't get to like the vessel. I have since sold it on eBay. I have seen every episode of Rebels so far, and have a love-hate relationship with the show. More on that in a future post.


No comments:

Post a Comment